7 minutes read
Companies face difficulties in providing the best purchase experience and generating high-quality prospects in a long-term business cycle. All this impacts the revenue flow as there is friction between go-to-market teams, making decisions, and achieving business goals.
This article explains how Intelligent RevOps helps optimize revenue and maximize customer value.
What is RevOps?
RevOps is the operational and functional consolidation of marketing, sales, and customer experience that directly supports the future of continuous customer engagement and new buyer experiences.
It helps align the resources, people, processes, and technologies that drive the conversion of prospects to customers and determine the success of a company’s revenue lifecycle.
By Forrester, companies that aligned people, processes, and technology across their sales and marketing teams achieved 36% more revenue growth and up to 28% more profitability.
Traditional Revenue Operations
Revenue Operations and Intelligence refers to strategies, processes, and people involved in sales and revenue. As a result, it helps accelerate sales velocity and create a better customer experience on the execution level.
Traditional revenue operations solutions capture the activities between buyers, sellers, customers, and customer success and solve the key business problems:
- Disjointed processes and workflows
- Siloed data
- Duplicated workflows
- Disconnected revenue insights.
Intelligence is a new and transformative way for companies to approach revenue management. By taking a holistic view of the revenue-driving functions business leaders can drive full revenue visibility and predictable revenue growth.
In practice, Intelligent RevOps is characterized by:
- Informed and collaborative teams
- Lean, agile, efficient processes
- Data-driven decision-making and reporting
- Optimized technology tools
- Seamless customer experiences.
Intelligent RevOps optimizes three important factors:
Align revenue goals across GTM teams with a focus on growth.
Streamline workflows and communication channels.
Leverage technology tools to achieve organizational goals.
As a result, revenue intelligence gives a data-driven, end-to-end, predictable understanding of revenue that accelerates company growth
Intelligent RevOps by Business Functions
The intelligent revenue operations help to align employees, projects, data, assets, and technology, across all customer-facing teams.
- Marketing teams - easily improve the cost of acquisition, customer lifetime value, and overall ROMI. This is achieved by leveraging better insights to design better digital journeys with hyper-personalization and convertible content.
- Sales teams - faster improve productivity through better-personalized targeting, and increase the forecast accuracy and win rates. Convert more of your sales pipelines with high-quality, ready-to-buy prospects.
- Customer success teams - continue the engagement process, leading to better onboarding and adoption. With continuous insights being fed, product expansion triggers are captured and analyzed to drive growth and engage with customers early to reduce churn and improve loyalty.
What’s the Difference
Revenue Intelligence helps organizations operate with a complete 360-degree view of activities throughout the sales cycle. Sales managers gain deep insights to accurately forecast pipelines and hit quota. This is where the growing field of Intelligent RevOps comes in.
RevOps breaks the silos, so everyone takes a cohesive approach to revenue growth by:
- Aligning teams and operating under a single set of revenue metrics
- Streamlining tools and tech to leverage clean, insightful data
- Optimizing those insights across all revenue-generating teams.
Traditional RevOps is focused on removing data and process silos that help organizations execute faster a larger volume of data and operations.
Why Invest in Intelligent RevOps
Gartner predicts that by 2025, 75% of the highest-growth companies worldwide will have implemented a RevOps model to accelerate growth.
To stay competitive and achieve faster revenue growth, businesses need to transform from a tactical revenue operations approach to a strategic one. Implementing the Intelligent RevOps solution across the organization, business leaders centralize and drive their revenue strategy, and get the next benefits:
- Engaged employees - align resources and execution teams and set up clear, collaborative goals that fit organizational objectives
- Collaborative culture - give your cross-functional teams extra time to generate new ideas that will drive revenue opportunities.
- Single source of truth - centralize data systems and create a single source of truth. Eliminate data gaps and inconsistencies.
- Reduced costs - implement process efficiencies and accurate forecasting, and see a 30% reduction in go-to-market costs.
- Increase customer satisfaction - provide a better buyer experience through faster response times, personalized engagement, customized offerings, and high levels of support.
RevOps is quickly ending up with the income model representing things to come. It has the ability to change the business to turn into an income-zeroed-in, high-development association. To accomplish it, business leaders really need the right solutions.
Put It Forward brings the Intelligent RevOps solution that helps customer-centric teams with precise business plans, better incentives, and data-informed insights to boost revenue growth. Read more revenue growth stories in our Intelligent RevOps playbook.
Get a demo to learn how to create a successful revenue strategy!